Dr Linda Clark
History of Parliament Research
The section 1422-1504 is to be published in two parts: 1422-61 and 1461-1504. For the first part the biographies and constituency surveys have now been completed and the process of revision is almost at an end. My own work has focused on the representation of the counties of Berkshire, Dorset, Hampshire, Surrey, Sussex and Wiltshire and their parliamentary boroughs, adding up to a total of 39 constituencies and more than 750 biographies. At the same time I have taken responsibility for directing the research of the other members of the team, and editing their biographies and constituency surveys for publication.
Research and Publications
Besides being General Editor of The Fifteenth Century (a collection of essays published annually by Boydell and Brewer), I am one of the convenors of the Late Medieval History seminar at the Institute of Historical Research. I hope one day to write a book about Henry Bourgchier (1408-83), earl of Essex and treasurer of England, who was the subject of my doctoral thesis.
My publications include:
- ed. (with J.S. Roskell and Carole Rawcliffe), The History of Parliament. The Commons, 1386-1421 (4 vols., Stroud, 1993);
- ed. The Fifteenth Century XIV: Essays Presented to Michael Hicks (Woodbridge, 2015),
- ed. The Fifteenth Century XIII: Exploring the Evidence: Commemoration, Administration and the Economy (Woodbridge, 2014),
- ed. (with Carole Rawcliffe), The Fifteenth Century XII: Society in an Age of Plague (Woodbridge, 2013),
- ed. The Fifteenth Century XI: Concerns and Preoccupations (Woodbridge, 2012),
- ed. The Fifteenth Century IX: English and Continental Perspectives (Woodbridge, 2010),
- ed. The Fifteenth Century VIII: Rule, Redemption and Representations in Late Medieval England and France (Woodbridge, 2008),
- ed. The Fifteenth Century VII: Conflicts, Consequences and the Crown in the Late Middle Ages (Woodbridge, 2007),
- ed. The Fifteenth Century VI: Identity and Insurgency in the Late Middle Ages (Woodbridge, 2006),
- ed. The Fifteenth Century V: Of Mice and Men: Image, Belief and Regulation in Late Medieval England (Woo